4-Pepper Deviled Eggs
- 6 hard boiled eggs, cooled and peeled
- 1 teaspoon whole pink peppercorns, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon whole white peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon whole green peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon caper liquid
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Pinch sugar
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
Slice the eggs in half from top to bottom. Scoop the yolks into a medium mixing bowl and lay the whites aside. Place all of the peppercorns, except 1/2 teaspoon of the pink peppercorns, into a spice grinder and process until ground well. Add the ground peppers, caper liquid, mayonnaise, mustard, salt and sugar to the egg yolks and using a fork, stir to thoroughly combine. Place the mixture into a zip-top plastic bag and cut a small hole at one of the corners. Pipe the mixture into each of the white halves. Coarsely grind the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of pink peppercorns and use to garnish the top of each egg.
Chill for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Alton Brown, 2006