- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large head cauliflower, separated into florets (about 2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 3/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Place the pine nuts in a small fine mesh strainer and rinse under cold water. Toss with 1 teaspoon salt. Transfer the nuts to a small brown paper bag, fold over the bag, and microwave on high for 1 1/2 minutes. Remove the bag from the microwave and set aside to cool.
Whisk the lime juice and the remaining 1 teaspoon salt together in a large mixing bowl. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil while whisking. Set aside.
Using the largest shredding disk of your food processor, feed the florets through the tube until all the florets have been shredded. Transfer to the mixing bowl. Add the parsley, mint, tomatoes, raisins, and black pepper and toss to combine. Add the pine nuts and toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour and up to overnight before serving. Refrigerate, covered, for up to 2 days.
Recipe courtesy of Alton Brown, 2011