- 1/2 head Napa cabbage, shredded, salted, and rinsed
- 2 red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 green bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mustard seed
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 cup sugar
Toss the cabbage and peppers and place into a strainer resting over a bowl to drain for 2 hours. Then place into a mason jar.
In a small saucepan, bring the vinegar, sugar, mustard seed, and celery seed to a boil. Pour over the cabbage and the peppers. Store in the refrigerator for 3 days before serving.
Preparation time: Cooking time: 5 minutes Ease of preparation: easy
Recipe courtesy of Alton Brown