- 1 sheet puff pastry
- Flour, for dusting
- 1 can boneless, skinless, salmon
- 1/2 cup Sauteed mushrooms
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sour pickle relish
- 1 cup cooked white, brown or fried rice
- 2 to 3 chopped scallions
- 1 tablespoon parsley leaves, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 egg beaten with 2 tablespoons water
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Lightly flour the countertop. Roll puff pastry so there are no seams. Cut into 4 squares.
In a bowl, combine salmon, mushrooms, pickle relish, rice, scallions, parsley, salt, and pepper. Place 1 tablespoon of filling in the center of each square. Brush inside edges of puff pastry with egg wash and fold over to make a triangle. Using a fork, seal the edges. Poke a slit or two in the top of each turnover. Brush tops with egg wash. Bake in oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Recipe courtesy of Alton Brown
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay