- 1 sheet puff pastry
- Flour, for dusting
- 1 can boneless, skinless, salmon
- 1/2 cup Sauteed mushrooms
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sour pickle relish
- 1 cup cooked white, brown or fried rice
- 2 to 3 chopped scallions
- 1 tablespoon parsley leaves, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 egg beaten with 2 tablespoons water
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Lightly flour the countertop. Roll puff pastry so there are no seams. Cut into 4 squares.
In a bowl, combine salmon, mushrooms, pickle relish, rice, scallions, parsley, salt, and pepper. Place 1 tablespoon of filling in the center of each square. Brush inside edges of puff pastry with egg wash and fold over to make a triangle. Using a fork, seal the edges. Poke a slit or two in the top of each turnover. Brush tops with egg wash. Bake in oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Recipe courtesy of Alton Brown