- 8 ounces breakfast sausage
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno, minced
- 1/2 cup red peppers, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups red bliss potatoes, cubed and cooked
- 1 1/2 cups cooked black beans
- 2 cups "Good Eats" Corn Bread Pudding, cubed, recipe above
- 1 to 2 cups cooked turkey, cubed
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Add the sausage to a heavy skillet over medium high heat and cook until the sausage begins to render some of its fat, about 2 to 3 minutes.
Add the onions, jalapeno and peppers to the sausage and cook until soft and translucent. Add the potatoes to the skillet and increase the heat to high. Cook until the potatoes have browned lightly.
Add the black beans, pudding, and turkey and stir occasionally. Cook until the hash is thoroughly heated. Season with cayenne, salt, and pepper.