Asparagus with Parmigiano-Reggiano Vinaigrette
- Total Time:
- 15 min
- 10 min
- 5 min
- 2 servings
- 1 bunch asparagus, stems snapped where they naturally want to break
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Kosher salt
- 1 hard boiled egg, white and yellow separated and crumbled
Bring a large pot of well salted water to a boil. Set up a bowl of well salted ice water. Place the trimmed asparagus in the boiling water and let the water come back to a rolling boil. Remove asparagus from the boiling water and plunge immediately into the ice water. Remove from the ice water, pat dry, and reserve.
In a small bowl combine the olive oil, red wine vinegar, and Parmigiano-Reggiano. Season with salt. Toss the asparagus in the vinaigrette. Arrange on a serving plate and sprinkle with the crumbled egg white and yellow.
Call yourself a superstar!
Recipe courtesy of Anne Burrell
Recipe courtesy of Michael Chiarello