Marinated Arctic Char with Salsa Verde
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for cooking
- Pinch crushed red pepper
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1/2 lemon, zested
- 4 skin-on fillets arctic char
- Kosher salt
- Salsa Verde, for serving, recipe follows
- Salsa Verde:
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- 2 pinches crushed red pepper
- Pinch kosher salt
- 1 clove garlic, crushed and minced
- 1 bunch parsley, leaves chopped
- 1 zucchini, green skin parts only, small dice
- 1/4 medium red onion, finely diced
Combine the olive oil, crushed red pepper, thyme, garlic and lemon zest in a medium bowl, and then massage over the fish. Sprinkle with salt, and set aside to marinate, 15 to 20 minutes.
Rub off any excess herbs to prevent burning. Coat a medium saute pan with olive oil and bring to high heat. When the oil is hot, add the fish skin-side down. Resist the urge to try to move the fish. Cook 3 to 4 minutes, and then gently shake the pan to allow the fish to unstick itself. Carefully flip and continue cooking until just cooked through, about 4 minutes more. Serve with the Salsa Verde.Salsa Verde:
Combine the vinegar, olive oil, pine nuts, dill, red pepper, salt, garlic, parsley, zucchini and onions in a medium bowl. Taste and season with more salt, if necessary. Serve at room temperature. Yield: 2 cups.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.