Olive Oil Poached Salmon
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 small bunch fresh thyme
- 1 lemon, peel removed in wide strips with a veggie peeler
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 quart extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
- Kosher salt
- Special Equipment: cheesecloth, butcher's twine
Place the aromatics-the garlic, thyme, lemon zest, coriander, and bay leaves-in cheesecloth. Tie into a sachet. Add the oil to a large straight-sided saute pan and toss in the sachet. Bring the pan to a medium heat and let simmer for 15 minutes.
Let the salmon come to room temperature and season generously with salt. Add the salmon fillets to the pan with the olive oil. Let the fish cook in the oil for 15 to 17 minutes. Remove from the oil with a fish spatula to a plate before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Anne Burrell
Recipe courtesy of Tom Pizzica
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis