Apple-Date Fritters with Lemon Curd Cream and Candied Ginger
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 2 medium green apples (Pippin or Granny Smith)
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted dates
- 3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Canola or vegetable oil, for frying
- Lemon Curd Cream:
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup jarred lemon curd
- 3/4 teaspoon superfine sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced candied ginger
Sift together the flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger and sugar; set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, beat together the egg and milk on low speed. Stir in the dry ingredients.
Peel, core and chop apples. Toss the apples and dates with lemon juice and fold into the batter.
Heat oil to 365 degrees F in an electric skillet (oil should be 1/4-inch deep).
Drop batter by heaping spoonfuls into skillet, patting each fritter down a bit (2 1/2 to 3 inches or so in diameter). Fry until golden brown on each side, about 3 minutes. Drain on a paper towels (keep fritters warm) and repeat until all batter has been used.
To make Lemon Curd Cream, whisk together the cream, lemon curd and sugar until slightly thick.
To serve, arrange fritters on a heated platter, drizzle with lemon curd ream, and sprinkle with candied ginger.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.