- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tart green apples, like Granny Smith, cored and cut into chunks
- 4 Anjou pears, cored and cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat and add the onions, mustard seeds, and cinnamon. Stir to combine. Saute the mixture until the onions are translucent, about 3 minutes.
Stir in the apples, pears, vinegar, apple juice, brown sugar, and fresh ginger, cook for 1 minute, then lower the heat and simmer until the apples and pears are just soft, about 20 to 30 minutes.
Food Network Kitchens have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.