Artichoke and Spinach Dip
Recipe courtesy Susan Rodnite 2002 for FoodNetwork.com's Game Day Grub Championship Cook-Off Competition
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 8 oz. grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 oz. light cream cheese
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- 3/4 lb. fresh spinach (stemmed and chopped)
- 2 -14 oz cans of artichoke hearts (rinsed, drained and chopped)
- 4 green onions, chopped
- tortilla chips, pita, etc. for dipping
Bring the cream to a simmer over medium heat and add the Monterey Jack, cream cheese, garlic powder, Worcestershire, salt and fresh pepper. Continuously stir to prevent sticking until the cheeses melt.
While slowly stirring, add the spinach, artichoke hearts, and scallions. Stir until mixed and the spinach is wilted.
This dip can be served immediately or served chilled.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The FN chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.