11. Refried Beans Cook 1 small chopped onion in olive oil in a saucepan until soft. Add two 15-ounce cans pinto beans (drained) and 2 cups water; simmer until thickened. Add 1 cup pumpkin and mash.
12. Mashed Potatoes Cook 2 pounds quartered peeled potatoes in boiling water, 20 minutes; drain. Steep 1 sprig sage and 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg in 1 cup hot cream, 10 minutes; remove the sage. Mash with the potatoes, 1 cup pumpkin, and salt.
13. Mashed Sweet Potatoes Cook 2 pounds quartered peeled sweet potatoes in boiling water, 15 minutes. Drain and mash with 1 cup pumpkin, 1/2 stick butter, 2 tablespoons maple syrup, 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger, and salt to taste. Top with crumbled cooked bacon.
14. Gnocchi Mix 2 cups cold leftover Pumpkin Mashed Potatoes (No. 12) with 1 egg and 1 1/4 cups flour. On a floured surface, roll into ropes and cut into 1/2-inch pieces. Cook in boiling water until they float. Toss with butter and grated parmesan.
15. Twice-Baked Potatoes Pierce 4 potatoes with a fork; bake at 400 degrees F, 45 minutes. Halve and scoop out the flesh; mash with 1/2 cup each pumpkin, sour cream and shredded cheddar, 1/2 stick butter, 2 chopped scallions, 1 teaspoon kosher salt and a pinch of nutmeg. Spoon into the potato skins; bake 20 minutes.
16. Deviled Eggs Halve 12 hard-cooked eggs. Mash the yolks with 1/3 cup each pumpkin and mayonnaise, 1 teaspoon dijon mustard and 1/2 teaspoon each ground coriander and salt. Spoon into the whites.
17. Cucumber Dip Peel and shred half of a cucumber; squeeze dry. Mix with 1 cup plain Greek yogurt, 1/2 cup pumpkin, 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro, 1 chopped scallion, 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon each ground cumin and coriander.
18. Hummus Puree one 15-ounce can chickpeas (drained), 1 garlic clove, the juice of 1 lemon, 5 tablespoons each pumpkin, tahini and olive oil, and 2 tablespoons water; season with salt. Top with pepitas.
19. Fondue Toss 2 cups shredded cheddar with 2 tablespoons cornstarch. Simmer one 12-ounce bottle pumpkin beer in a pot. Stir in 1 cup pumpkin and the cheese mixture until melted. Add a pinch of nutmeg. Serve with bread cubes.
20. Cheese Balls Pulse 8 ounces goat cheese, 2 cups grated manchego, 3/4 cup pumpkin and 1/2 teaspoon each smoked paprika and kosher salt. Form into 12 balls, then roll in chopped pecans and pepitas.