41. Cupcakes Double the recipe for Pumpkin Spice Cake (No. 40); bake in 18 lined muffin cups, 25 minutes. Cool. Beat 8 ounces cream cheese, 1/2 stick softened butter, 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla; spread on the cupcakes.
42. Cookies Beat 6 tablespoons softened butter and 1 1/3 cups sugar with a mixer until fluffy; beat in 1 cup pumpkin, 1 egg and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Whisk 2 cups flour, 1 teaspoon each baking soda and cinnamon, and 1/2 teaspoon salt; stir into the pumpkin mixture. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto oiled baking sheets. Bake at 400 degrees F, 12 minutes; cool. Mix 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar with 1 tablespoon milk; spread on the cookies.
43. Whoopie Pies Make Pumpkin Cookies (No. 42); do not glaze. Sandwich with chocolate-hazelnut spread.
44. Scones Whisk 2 cups flour, 1/3 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon baking powder and 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice. Work in 1 stick cubed cold butter with a pastry blender. Whisk 2/3 cup pumpkin and 3/4 cup cream; stir into the flour mixture. Pat into an 8-inch square on a floured surface, then cut into 16 triangles. Transfer to a baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees F, 20 minutes.
45. Cheesecake Pie Puree 1 cup pumpkin, 8 ounces cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, 3 eggs, 1/4 cup each sour cream and maple syrup, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and a pinch of salt in a food processor. Pour into a 9-inch graham cracker crust; bake at 350 degrees F until set, 45 minutes.
46. Pudding Combine 2 cups each coconut milk and pumpkin, 3/4 cup sugar, 3 tablespoons cornstarch, 3 egg yolks and 1/4 teaspoon each almond extract and salt in a saucepan; bring to a boil and cook, whisking, until thick, 10 minutes. Chill.
47. Bread Pudding Whisk one 15-ounce can pumpkin, 2 cups milk, 3 egg yolks and 1/2 cup each sugar and chopped pecans in a large bowl. Fold in 1 pound cubed cinnamon-raisin bread and 2 chopped apples. Spread in a buttered baking dish and refrigerate 2 hours, then bake at 375 degrees F until set, 45 minutes.
48. Caramel Sauce Whisk 3/4 cup caramel sauce, 1/2 cup pumpkin and 2 tablespoons bourbon. Serve over ice cream.
49. Milkshakes Blend 1 pint vanilla ice cream, 1 cup pumpkin, 1/2 cup milk, 2 tablespoons maple syrup and 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice. Divide between 2 large glasses.
50. Frozen Yogurt Make Pumpkin Smoothies (No. 34) with 1/4 cup honey total. Churn in an ice cream maker; freeze.
Photographs by Justin Walker