Food Network Magazine created these recipes using 12 to 16 cups freshly popped popcorn. Use a bag or two of microwave popcorn, or make your own: Heat a few kernels in 1/4 cup vegetable oil in a large pot over medium heat until one pops. Add 3/4 cup kernels and cover the pot. Cook, shaking the pot occasionally, until the popping subsides.
1. Brown Butter–Lemon Cook 6 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium heat until browned, about 7 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon zest; drizzle over 16 cups hot popcorn. Toss with 2 teaspoons kosher salt.
2. Ranch Melt 4 tablespoons butter with a 1-ounce packet ranch seasoning mix; toss with 16 cups hot popcorn and 2 tablespoons chopped chives. Season with salt.
3. Garlic-Herb Melt 4 tablespoons butter in a saucepan; add 4 grated garlic cloves and 1 teaspoon each finely chopped fresh rosemary, sage and thyme and cook1 minute. Drizzle over 16 cups hot popcorn and toss with 2 teaspoons kosher salt.
4. Parmesan-Rosemary Toss 16 cups hot popcorn with 1/2 cup grated parmesan, 3 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary and 2 teaspoons kosher salt.
5. Frito Pie Toss 12 cups hot popcorn, 6 tablespoons melted butter, 4 cups Fritos (or other corn chips) and 2 tablespoons chili powder; spread on baking sheets. Top with 2 cups shredded cheddar and 2 chopped scallions. Bake at 350 degrees F until the cheese melts, 3 minutes. Season with salt.
6. Truffle Toss 16 cups hot popcorn with 6 tablespoons melted butter, 1 1/2 tablespoons truffle oil, 1/4 cup grated parmesan, 1 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
7. Movie Theater Melt 1 stick butter in a small saucepan over low heat, skimming off the foam and solids; drizzle over 16 cups hot popcorn and toss with 2 teaspoons kosher salt.
8. Veggie Pulse 2 cups each mixed veggie chips and dehydrated snap peas in a food processor until powdery; toss with 8 cups hot popcorn and 2 cups each veggie chips and dehydrated snap peas. Season with salt.
9. Three-Cheese Toss 16 cups hot popcorn with 2 cups shredded cheddar, 1 cup grated parmesan and 1/2 cup grated pecorino; spread on baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees F until the cheddar melts, 3 minutes. Season with salt.
10. Gruyere-Porcini Pulse 1/2 cup dried porcini mushrooms in a spice grinder until powdery. Add 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley and 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt; pulse again until powdery. Drizzle 6 tablespoons melted butter over 16 cups hot popcorn; toss with the porcini powder and 1 cup finely grated gruyere.