40. Peanut Butter–Banana Make Peanut Butter Popcorn (No. 39), adding 1 cup dried banana chips and 1/2 cup chocolate chips with the peanuts.
41. Tropical Spread 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees F until golden, about 10 minutes. Toss with 16 cups hot popcorn, 1 1/2 cups chopped dried pineapple and 3 tablespoons each confectioners’ sugar and melted butter. Season with salt.
42. Strawberry Pulse 1 cup freeze-dried strawberries and 6 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar in a food processor until powdery. Drizzle 4 tablespoons melted butter over 16 cups hot popcorn and sprinkle with the strawberry sugar. Toss with 1 cup freeze-dried strawberries.
43. Yogurt-Granola Melt 6 tablespoons butter with 2 tablespoons each brown sugar and honey over medium heat, stirring, until the sugar dissolves, 3 minutes; drizzle over 12 cups hot popcorn. Toss with 4 cups granola and 2 cups yogurt-covered raisins. Season with salt.
44. Cinnamon Sugar Drizzle 6 tablespoons melted butter over 12 cups hot popcorn; toss with 4 cups cinnamon cereal (such as Cinnamon Toast Crunch), 1/3 cup sugar, 2 teaspoons cinnamon and 1 teaspoon kosher salt.
45. Maple-Pecan Heat 2 cups sugar, 1 cup maple syrup and 1/2 cup light corn syrup in a large pot until it reaches 260 degrees F on a candy thermometer, about 12 minutes. Add 3 cups pecans and cook 2 minutes. Stir in 3 tablespoons butter until melted, then pour over 16 cups hot popcorn; toss to coat. Spread on baking sheets and let cool.
46. Sticky Marshmallow Melt 8 cups mini marshmallows and 6 tablespoons butter with 1/2 cup each sugar and light corn syrup in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring; pour over 16 cups hot popcorn. Add 4 cups cornflakes and mix well. Season with salt.
47. Rocky Road Whisk 5 tablespoons melted butter with 2 teaspoons each vanilla extract and kosher salt; drizzle over 16 cups hot popcorn. Toss with 2 cups each mini marshmallows, chocolate chips and toasted pecans. Spread on baking sheets and bake at 350 degrees F until the marshmallows and chocolate are slightly melted, about 2 minutes.
48. S'mores Make Rocky Road Popcorn (No. 47), replacing the pecans with lightly crushed graham crackers.
49. Cookies and Cream Warm 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk in a saucepan over medium heat; drizzle over 12 cups hot popcorn. Toss with 4 cups lightly crushed chocolate sandwich cookies (such as Oreos).
50. Kettle Corn Mix 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar, 2 tablespoons granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon kosher salt in a small bowl; set aside. Heat a few popcorn kernels in 1/4 cup vegetable oil in a large pot over medium-high heat until one pops. Add 3/4 cup popcorn kernels and cover. Cook, shaking the pot occasionally, until the popcorn starts rapidly popping. Crack the lid open and pour in the sugar mixture. Cover and cook, shaking the pot, until the popping subsides.
Photographs by Levi Brown