Banana Pecan Buttermilk Pancakes
- 2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, or to taste
- 2 very ripe medium bananas (about 12 to 14 ounces)
- 2/3 cups pecans, toasted lightly and chopped
- Softened butter or vegetable oil, for cooking the pancakes
- BERRY/MAPLE SYRUP
- Recipe courtesy of Georgia Downard
- 1 1/2 cups pure maple syrup
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 cup picked over berries, such as blackberries or strawberries, stemmed and
- halved or raspberries or blueberries
In a bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt. In another bowl whisk together the buttermilk, eggs, butter and vanilla. Whisk the dry ingredients into the liquid until combined well.
Chop fine the banana and add it to the batter along with the pecans.
Heat a griddle over moderate heat until hot enough to make a drop of water scatter over surface and brush with butter or oil. Working in batches, drop 1/4 cup measures of batter onto griddle to form pancakes and cook until bubbles appear on surface and undersides are golden brown, about 1 minute. Flip pancakes with a metal spatula and cook until undersides are golden brown and pancakes are cooked through, about 1 minute.
Serve with Berry-Maple Syrup, recipe follows.BERRY/MAPLE SYRUP
In a saucepan set over moderate heat combine the syrup with the cinnamon stick and simmer gently for 5 minutes. Add the berries and simmer for 1 minute. Remove and discard cinnamon stick. Yield: about 2 1/2 cups
More Recipes and Ideas:
Buttermilk Pecan Pancakes with Mamma Callie's Syrup, Buttermilk Pancakes With Vanilla Bean-Berry Syrup, Buttermilk and Lemon Scented Pancakes with Warm Blueberry Syrup, Pecan Pie Recipes, Gingerbread Cookie Recipes, Easy Brunch, Breakfast Casserole, Cinnamon Roll Recipes, Peanut Brittle Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.