- 2 pounds chicken or duck, cubed
- 1 ounce salt
- 1/4 ounce white pepper
- 1/4 ounce ground cumin
- Pinch ground allspice
- Pinch ground coriander
- Pinch ground ginger
- 1/4 pound roasted corn kernels
- 1/4 ounce red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 ounce jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1-ounce tequila
- 1/2-ounce lime juice
- Pinch fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1-ounce roasted garlic
- 1 tablespoon orange-flavored liqueur (recommended: Cointreau)
- 1 yard pork or lamb casings
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Put the meat mixture through a grinder and grind according to manufacturer's instructions. Tie a knot in 1 end of a casing and begin filling the casings with the meat mixture, then tie off the other end of the casing once all the meat mixture has been used. Twist the casing into 6 sausage links.
Bake for at least 15 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat a grill.
Remove sausage links from oven and place on grill. Grill until crispy and golden brown. Spice up your favorite pasta recipe by adding sausage slices or enjoy your sausage the old-fashioned way, on a bun topped with your favorite condiments.