Artichoke and White Bean Ravioli with Fresh Green Pea Sauce, Piquillo Pepper-Black Olive Relish and Ricotta Salata
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 artichoke hearts, cooked and thinly sliced
- 2 cups cooked white beans, mashed (with some texture left)
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish, drained
- Salt and pepper
- 4 sheets pasta dough
- 2 eggs mixed with 2 tablespoons water
- Green Pea Sauce:
- 1 1/2 cups fresh green peas
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon toasted coriander seeds, ground
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper
- Piquillo Pepper-Black Olive Relish:
- 4 Piquillo peppers, julienned
- 1/4 cup Niccoise, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Green pea sauce
- 1/4 pound ricotta salata, finely shaved
- Coarsely chopped cilantro
Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the shallots and garlic and cook until soft. Add the sliced artichokes and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the beans and horseradish, stir to combine and season with salt and pepper to taste. Lay a sheet of pasta dough on a lightly floured work surface and distribute a heaping teaspoon-sized portion of the filling at least 2 inches apart. Use your fingertip or a brush to moisten the edges of the pasta sheet with the egg wash. Carefully place a second sheet of the pasta dough on top of the first and press with your fingertips to separate the rows of filling. Repeat with the remaining dough. With a ravioli cutter or pastry wheel, cut along straight lines of the vertical and horizontal to form each ravioli square. Press the edges closed with your fingertips to seal well.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Carefully drop in the ravioli and cook for about 5 minutes. Drain and serve immediately.
For the Green Pea Sauce: Place peas and vegetable stock in a medium saucepan and cook until peas are very soft. Place mixture in a blender and blend until smooth. Strain back into the pan and bring to a simmer. Cook until the mixture has thickened slightly. Season with coriander, lemon zest, cilantro and salt and pepper to taste.
For the Piquillo Pepper-Black Olive Relish: Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and season with pepper. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.