Artichoke and White Bean Ravioli with Fresh Green Pea Sauce, Piquillo Pepper-Black Olive Relish and Ricotta Salata
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 artichoke hearts, cooked and thinly sliced
- 2 cups cooked white beans, mashed (with some texture left)
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish, drained
- Salt and pepper
- 4 sheets pasta dough
- 2 eggs mixed with 2 tablespoons water
- Green Pea Sauce:
- 1 1/2 cups fresh green peas
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon toasted coriander seeds, ground
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper
- Piquillo Pepper-Black Olive Relish:
- 4 Piquillo peppers, julienned
- 1/4 cup Niccoise, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Green pea sauce
- 1/4 pound ricotta salata, finely shaved
- Coarsely chopped cilantro
Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the shallots and garlic and cook until soft. Add the sliced artichokes and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the beans and horseradish, stir to combine and season with salt and pepper to taste. Lay a sheet of pasta dough on a lightly floured work surface and distribute a heaping teaspoon-sized portion of the filling at least 2 inches apart. Use your fingertip or a brush to moisten the edges of the pasta sheet with the egg wash. Carefully place a second sheet of the pasta dough on top of the first and press with your fingertips to separate the rows of filling. Repeat with the remaining dough. With a ravioli cutter or pastry wheel, cut along straight lines of the vertical and horizontal to form each ravioli square. Press the edges closed with your fingertips to seal well.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Carefully drop in the ravioli and cook for about 5 minutes. Drain and serve immediately.
For the Green Pea Sauce: Place peas and vegetable stock in a medium saucepan and cook until peas are very soft. Place mixture in a blender and blend until smooth. Strain back into the pan and bring to a simmer. Cook until the mixture has thickened slightly. Season with coriander, lemon zest, cilantro and salt and pepper to taste.
For the Piquillo Pepper-Black Olive Relish: Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and season with pepper. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes
Copyright 1999 Bobby Flay. All Rights Reserved.
Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee
Recipe courtesy of Sunny Anderson