Asparagus and Tomato Skewers with Honey Mustard-Horseradish Sauce
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup clover honey
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish, drained
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes on the vine
- Wooden skewers soaked in water
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- Olive oil
Preheat the grill. Whisk together the mustard, honey, horseradish and mint in a bowl and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Let sit at room temperature for at least 15 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
Thread the tomatoes onto skewers and put them into a large bowl. Add the asparagus and drizzle with a little oil. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Put the tomatoes on the grill and cook until charred on both sides. Grill the asparagus for about 2 minutes per side. Put the vegetables on a platter and drizzle them with the mustard sauce. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay