Grilled Bruschetta with Grilled Red and Yellow Peppers, Gorgonzola and Basil Oil
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 12 (1/2-inch) thick slices French baguette
- 12 ounces Gorgonzola, at room temperature
- 2 red bell peppers, grilled, peeled, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 yellow bell peppers, grilled, peeled, seeded and thinly sliced
Heat the grill to high.
Combine the oil, basil and salt and pepper in a blender and blend for 5 minutes. Strain the oil into a bowl.
Grill the bread on both sides until lightly golden brown. Remove from the grill and spread some of the blue cheese on 1 side of each slice, top with some of the peppers and drizzle with a little of the basil oil.