Grilled Bruschetta with Grilled Red and Yellow Peppers, Gorgonzola and Basil Oil
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 12 (1/2-inch) thick slices French baguette
- 12 ounces Gorgonzola, at room temperature
- 2 red bell peppers, grilled, peeled, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 yellow bell peppers, grilled, peeled, seeded and thinly sliced
Heat the grill to high.
Combine the oil, basil and salt and pepper in a blender and blend for 5 minutes. Strain the oil into a bowl.
Grill the bread on both sides until lightly golden brown. Remove from the grill and spread some of the blue cheese on 1 side of each slice, top with some of the peppers and drizzle with a little of the basil oil.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Mother of the Pearl River Grilled Oysters Bruschetta, Mini Challenge: Bruschetta with Poached Egg, Truffle Oil, and Arugula, Prosciutto and Goat Cheese Bruschetta with Black Lentils, Thanksgiving Appetizers, Christmas Appetizer Recipes, Asian Appetizer Recipes, Cheese Ball Recipes, Easy Appetizer Recipes, Antipasti Recipes