Grilled Corn on the Cob with Garlic Butter, Fresh Lime and Cotija Cheese
- 8 ears corn
- 4 fresh limes, quartered
- Garlic butter, recipe follows
- 1/2 cup grated cotija cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives, for garnish
- Garlic Butter:
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, slightly softened
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 habanero pepper, seeded
- 1/4 bunch fresh chives
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat grill to medium. Peel back the husks of the corn without removing them. Remove the silks and recover the corn with the husk. Soak in large bowl of cold water for 30 minutes. Remove corn from water and shake off excess. Place the corn on the grill, close the cover and grill for 15 to 20 minutes.
Unwrap corn and brush with the garlic butter. Sprinkle with the cotija cheese and squeeze with lime. Sprinkle with chopped chives, to garnish.Garlic Butter:
Combine butter, garlic, habanero, and chives in a food processor and process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside until ready to use.
Recipe courtesy Bobby Flay