Grilled Corn with Maple and Chipotle
- 8 ears corn
- 1/2 cup Grade B maple syrup
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo, pureed
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped to a paste
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Canola oil
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
Peel away the outer husks on the corn without actually removing them. Remove the inner silky threads, then wrap the outer husk back around the ear. Soak the ears in water for 1 hour.
In a small saucepan, combine the maple syrup, butter, chiles and garlic and season with salt and pepper. Allow to simmer over medium heat for about 8 minutes. Remove from the heat and keep warm.
Preheat a grill for medium heat. Grill the corn, turning occasionally, until the kernels are slightly charred, about 20 minutes. Brush with the maple butter.
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay