- 2 whole fish such as Orata, Branzino, scaled and gutted
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 large orange cut into thin slices
- 1 bunch tarragon
- 1 bunch parsley
- Sherry Vinegar-Tarragon Vinaigrette, recipe follows
Heat grill to medium-high heat. Brush the fish on both sides with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Fill the cavities of both fish with orange slices, tarragon and parsley and place on the grill. Grill the fish for 6 to 7 minutes on each side. Remove from the grill, place on a platter and drizzle immediately with the Sherry Vinegar-Tarragon Vinaigrette.
Aged Sherry Vinegar-Tarragon Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup aged sherry vinegar
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup Spanish olive oil
Combine vinegar, shallot, mustard, tarragon, and salt and pepper in a blender and blend until smooth. With the motor running, slowly add the oil until emulsified. Adjust seasoning.