Marinated Penn Cove Mussels in a Rice Wine and Sesame Vinaigrette
- 2 1/2 pounds mussels, steamed, removed from shells and cooled
- 2 3/4 cups rice wine vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons finely diced red pepper
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons finely diced daikon
- 1 green onion (scallion), finely sliced
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon peeled and finely diced ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl or bucket. Add steamed and cooled mussels. Gently toss or stir to coat all mussels. Let marinate in refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours before serving.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.