Spanish Potato Salad
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 pinch saffron threads
- 1 cup good quality mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 pounds new potatoes
- 1 large tomato, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely diced Spanish onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped flatleaf parsley
Combine the vinegar, honey and saffron in a small pot. Bring to a boil over high heat; immediately remove from the heat and let sit until cool to room temperature. Combine the mayonnaise and garlic with the saffron mixture in a medium mixing bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Cook the potatoes in a large pot of boiling, salted water until tender. Drain and slice 1/2-inch thick. Place in a large serving bowl and immediately fold in the mayonnaise mixture, tomatoes, onion, thyme and parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen