Turkey Burgers Filled with Brie and Grilled Granny Smith Apples
- 1 1/4 pounds ground turkey
- 4 (1/2-inch) cubes of Brie cheese
- Olive oil, for brushing the turkey burgers
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, cored and sliced 1/2-inch crosswise
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 loaf French or Italian bread, cut crosswise into quarters
- 1 cup arugula
Preheat a gas or charcoal grill to high. Shape the ground turkey into 4 round patties about 1 1/2-inches thick. Make a small indentation in the center of each patty, place 1 cube of cheese in it, and press the turkey up and around, to cover it. Brush both sides of the burger lightly with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Grill until cooked through, about 4 minutes on each side.
Split the bread and toast on the grill, cut side down, until golden. Place a burger on the bottom of each quarter. Top with 1 or 2 apple slices, several sprigs of arugula, and the remaining bread. Arrange the burgers on a platter.
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay