White Bean Salad with Shiitake Mushrooms
- 4 shiitake mushroom caps
- Olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups warm white beans, cooked or canned rinsed and drained and heated
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 3 tablespoons chopped chives
- 3 plum tomatoes, finely diced
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat grill. Brush mushrooms with some of the oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Grill for 3 to 4 minutes per side, remove and slice into 1/4-inch slices. Place the warm beans in a large bowl, add mushrooms, herbs and tomatoes.
Whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil and garlic and pour over the beans. Add the cheese and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.