CCQ Pit Beans
- CCQ Signature BBQ Sauce:
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, roasted then minced
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup water, or more if needed
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 3 tablespoons firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon (smoked for 5 minutes)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup water, if needed
- 2 cups combination of pinto, kidney and chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallion, for garnish
DirectionsCCQ Signature BBQ Sauce:
1 cup CCQ Signature sauce, recipe follows
Heat the oil in a large nonreactive saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute until softened, but not brown. Add in the roasted onion.
Stir in the ketchup, tomato sauce, 1 cup water, vinegars, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, hot sauce, molasses, sugar, both mustards, spices, salt and black pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, uncovered, until thickened, about 15 minutes, stirring often to prevent scorching. If the sauce becomes too thick, add a little water. Remove from heat.
Stir the beans and 1 cup of the sauce together. Garnish with scallions.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.