Chilled Mango and Cucumber Soup
- 2 mangoes, peeled and pitted (2 pounds total)
- 2 seedless cucumbers (usually plastic-wrapped; 1 1/2 pounds total)
- 1/4 cup water, plus 2 cups3 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
Finely chop 1 mango and 1 cucumber and set aside. Coarsely chop remaining mango and cucumber and puree with 1/4 cup water in a blender until almost smooth. Transfer to a bowl and stir in finely chopped mango and cucumber, onion, lime juice, and 2 cups cold water. Place bowl in a larger bowl of ice and cold water and stir until cool.
Just before serving, stir in cilantro and 1 1/4 teaspoons salt.
Recipe courtesy of Gourmet Magazine