Chocolate Fudge Cupcakes filled with Chocolate Fudge Cookie Bar and Marshmallow Meringue Frosting
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cups high-fat cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup buttermilk, shaken
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 extra-large eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup freshly brewed strong, hot, coffee
- 1/2 cup hot water
- Chocolate Fudge Cookie Bar, recipe follows
- Marshmallow Meringue Frosting, recipe follows
- This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
- Chocolate Fudge Cookie Bar:
- 2 1/2 cups chocolate sandwich wafer cookies, finely ground
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 (14-ounce) can condensed milk
- Marshmallow Meringue Frosting:
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line cupcake pans with cupcake liners.
Sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside. In a large bowl, combine the buttermilk, oil, eggs, and vanilla. Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry. Slowly stir in the coffee and water.
Fill the cupcake pans about two-thirds full. Place a piece of Chocolate Fudge Cookie Bar in each cupcake. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cakes comes out clean, 9 to 11 minutes. Cool completely, and then frost with Marshmallow Meringue Frosting and enjoy!Chocolate Fudge Cookie Bar:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Combine the cookie crumbs and salt with the melted butter. Press into the bottom of a greased 13 by 9-inch pan. Bake for 8 minutes and let cool. Melt the chocolate chips and condensed milk together until completely melted and combined. Pour over the cookie crust and let cool.Marshmallow Meringue Frosting:
Beat the sugar, water, egg whites, and cream of tartar over a double boiler until stiff peaks form, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla. Continue beating until the frosting is thick, about 3 minutes.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Chocolate Cupcakes with Salted Caramel Frosting and Chocolate Fudge Filling, Chocolate Birthday Cupcakes with Vanilla Frosting, Quick Double Chocolate Cupcakes, Easter Desserts, Easter Cupcake Recipes, Hot Chocolate Recipes, Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes, Chocolate Frosting Recipes, Blackberry Dessert Recipes