Easy Cheesy Spinach
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium white onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 (10-ounce) boxes frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Kosher salt and ground white pepper
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe
Heat the butter in a 12-inch saute pan over moderate heat. Add the onions and cook until soft, about 8 minutes. Whisk in the cream cheese and let melt. Fold in the spinach until evenly combined. Add up to 3 tablespoons water if the mixture seems too dry. Sprinkle the nutmeg on top and season with salt and pepper.
BYOC: Lemon zest and juice would bring a little bit of sunshine to this dish. Just add with the salt and pepper.
Recipe courtesy of Claire Robinson, 2010
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray