Fresh Tomato Bloody Mary
- 6 large, ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced (juices reserved)
- 6 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice, plus wedges
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons extra-spicy horseradish
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, plus sea salt, for serving
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper, plus more for serving
In a blender, puree the tomatoes, lime juice, Worcestershire, horseradish, and salt and pepper until smooth. Chill covered until ready to use.
On a small shallow dish, mix 3 parts sea salt to 1 part finely ground black pepper. Run a lime wedge around the rim of each glass, then dip the rims in the salt and pepper mixture. Fill each glass with ice, 1-ounce vodka, and approximately 2/3 cup Fresh Tomato Bloody Mary mixture.
Recipe courtesy Claire Robinson, 2010
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray