- 6 scallions, green and white parts separated
- 1 (2-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups basmati white rice
- 1 cup shelled frozen edamame
- Freshly cracked black pepper
Fill a large pot with water and put over medium-high heat. Add the white whole scallion pieces, the ginger, garlic and a healthy pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, and cook about 5 minutes to infuse the water with the flavors.
Meanwhile, slice the scallion greens and reserve. Drain the rice in a colander; remove the scallions, ginger and garlic, and discard. Transfer to a serving bowl and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add 3/4 of the scallion greens and stir with a fork to fluff the rice and combine the ingredients.
Garnish the rice with the remaining scallions and serve immediately.