- 3 tablespoons garlic-infused virgin olive oil
- 4 cups sweet grape tomatoes
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 pound angel hair pasta or extra-thin egg noodles
- 4 ounces smoked mozzarella, roughly chopped
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Drizzle the olive oil over the grape tomatoes, season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Place the tomatoes on the baking sheet and cook until skins turn a rich golden brown, about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat the chicken stock over low heat. Add the noodles to a large skillet over medium heat, and pour in 1 ladleful of hot stock. Stir to prevent the noodles from sticking together as the stock cooks off. Once the noodles have absorbed all of the stock, add another 1 cup stock. Continue to stir and add the remaining stock 1 cup at a time, waiting until each addition is absorbed before adding more. Once all the stock has been absorbed, stir in the cheese and toss with the roasted tomatoes and their pan drippings. Serve hot.
BYOC: Toss in some torn fresh basil leaves, fresh oregano, thyme or even lemon basil leaves for a nice surprising twist!