Shrimp with Green Goddess Sauce
- Kosher salt
- 1 pound large shrimp, shelled and deveined, leaving tails on
- 1 cup creme fraiche or sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 scallions, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Freshly cracked black pepper
Bring a 6-quart pot of highly salted water to boil over high heat. Add the shrimp to the boiling water and simmer until they are cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. With a slotted spoon or strainer, transfer the shrimp to a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking. Once cooled, drain, pat dry and reserve.
BYOC: For a little extra depth of flavor, try adding an anchovy fillet to the puree... trust me, it's great!
Recipe courtesy of Claire Robinson, 2010