- 10 ounces green peas, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 sprigs of mint
- 6 leaves fresh basil, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 fennel bulb, sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, and sliced
- 4 scallions, white and tender green parts, chopped
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 pound mixed salad greens, washed and spun dry
- 1 cup soy sprouts
- 1 cup roasted soy nuts
In a food processor or blender, puree the peas, soy milk, lemon juice, garlic, mint, basil, salt, and pepper. Chill.
In a bowl, combine the fennel, cucumber, scallions, carrots, and greens. Toss the dressing with the salad. Sprinkle the soy sprouts and soy nuts over the salad. Serve immediately.