Creamless Fresh Pea Soup with Truffled Snow Pea Salad
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 medium yellow onions, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 cups chicken stock or low-sodium, canned
- 3 cups shucked English peas
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 4 tablespoons butter, cold and in pieces
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- TRUFFLED SNOW PEA SALAD:
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon truffle oil
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup blanched, stringed snow peas, sliced lengthwise 1/8-inch
- Salt and black pepper taste
In a hot saucepan, coat with oil and brown onions and garlic, about 5 minutes. Season. Add chicken stock and bring to a boil. The stock should taste salty, like pasta blanching water. Add the peas and cook until soft, about 5 to 8 minutes. Do not over-cook for they will darken. Check peas often. During the last minute, add the spinach. Immediately blend using a hand blender and when pureed, add the butter and blend well. Check for seasoning.TRUFFLED SNOW PEA SALAD:
In a bowl, whisk together juices and oils. Season with salt and pepper and check for seasoning. Toss well with snow peas.
PLATING Pre-heat the soup plates and ladle in the soup. Top with the salad and drizzle a little bit of truffle oil.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.