Crushed White Bean Bruschetta with White Truffle Oil
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2/3 cup dried great Northern beans, soaked overnight
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- Kosher salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced scallions
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- White truffle oil, as needed
- 1 loaf bread, such as ciabatta or baguette, sliced and lightly toasted
In a large pot, combine the broth, beans, garlic, and bay leaf and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer until the beans are tender, about 45 minutes.
Season the beans, to taste, with salt and pepper. Cool in the liquid. Drain the beans, reserving the garlic cloves.
Place the beans in a bowl and coarsely mash with a potato masher. Add 2 to 3 cloves of garlic and continue mashing. Mash in the olive oil, but keep the mixture fairly coarse. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the scallions and parsley. Spoon into a serving bowl and drizzle with white truffle oil. Serve with a basket of crisp toasts and the bottle of truffle oil, for more drizzling.