Baby Tomato and Fresh Herb Tabbouleh
- 1 cup bulgur wheat
- 2 pinches kosher salt, plus 1 teaspoon
- 1 1/4 cups boiling water
- 1/2 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 pint baby tomatoes, washed and quartered
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper, about 15 grinds
Combine bulgur, a couple pinches of salt, and boiling water in a heat-proof bowl. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and let stand 20 minutes (check the directions on the packaging for your particular bulgur). Unwrap plastic and fluff with a fork.
Toss bulgur with remaining ingredients and season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse