- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 10 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves stripped from stems
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup cold dark beer (recommended: Bass Ale)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Mix the dry ingredients and thyme leaves together in a large bowl until combined. Add the melted butter and beer and stir with a wooden spoon until the mixture begins to hold together. Turn the dough out onto a work surface and knead gently just until the dough comes together into a ball. Flatten the dough into a rectangular shape using a knife, divide it into 6 equal portions. Transfer to an ungreased baking sheet.
Bake until biscuits being to turn golden and are firm to the touch, about 25 minutes. Serve warm.
Recipe courtesy of Dave Lieberman