Grilled Vegetable Salad with Feta and Mint
- 1 red bell pepper cored and cut into 4 pieces
- 1 eggplant (about 1 pound), cut across into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 medium zucchini (about 8 ounces each), cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
Arrange the vegetables in a single layer on a tray or work surface. Lightly spray both sides with olive oil cooking spray. Preheat a grill or grill pan over a medium-high heat. Grill the vegetables in batches until both sides are nicely charred and the vegetables are just tender, about 10 minutes for the pepper, about 8 minutes for the eggplant and onion, and about 6 minutes for the zucchini. When the vegetables are cool enough to handle, cut into 1/2-inch pieces and transfer to a large bowl.
In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar and oregano. Pour over the vegetables and toss. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Gently stir in the tomatoes and mint. Divide the salad between 4 plates and sprinkle with the feta.
Excellent source of: Fiber, Vitamin A, Riboflavin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Folate, Manganese, Potassium
Good source of: Protein, Thiamin, Vitamin K, Calcium, Copper, Magnesium, Phosphorus
2008, Ellie Krieger, All Rights Reserved
Recipe courtesy of Tyler Florence