Herbed Toasted Pita Salad
- 3 (6-inch) whole-wheat pita breads with pockets
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces (about 6 cups)
- 1 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 English cucumber, cored, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Split each pita into 2 rounds and toast on a baking sheet in the middle of the oven until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Allow pitas to cool and break into bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, zest, salt and pepper. Add the oil and whisk to incorporate.
Toss the lettuce, parsley, scallions, mint, cucumber, and tomatoes together in a large bowl.
Right before serving, add the pita and dressing to the salad. Toss well to coat.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.