Mushroom, Onion and Basil Pizza
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 medium red onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (10-ounce) baked thin pizza crust
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup sliced, reconstituted sun-dried tomatoes
- 4 ounces shredded, part-skim mozzarella cheese (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
Heat the oil in a skillet over a medium heat. Add the mushrooms and onions and cook until tender and most of the liquid evaporates, about 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and remove from the heat.
Place the pizza crust on a baking sheet. Spread the sauce over the crust leaving a 1-inch border. Top with the mushroom mixture and sun-dried tomatoes. Sprinkle with the mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Bake until the crust is crisp and the cheese is nicely melted, about 13 minutes. Sprinkle with basil, cut into 8 slices and serve.
2007, Ellie Krieger, All Rights Reserved
Recipe courtesy of Aida Mollenkamp