Rainbows and Butterflies Pasta Salad
- 8 ounces bow tie pasta, preferably whole grain
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup corn kernels, thawed if frozen
- 1 cup shelled edamame, thawed if frozen
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 2 medium carrots, shredded (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese (about 1 ounce)
Cook the pasta as the label directs. Drain and toss with 1 teaspoon olive oil to prevent sticking; let cool.
In a large bowl, toss the cooled pasta with the corn, edamame, bell pepper and carrots. Drizzle with the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil and toss to coat. Add the parmesan and 1/4 teaspoon salt; toss again and season to taste.
Photograph by Hallie Burton
Courtesy Ellie Krieger for Food Network Magazine