Brussels Sprouts with Walnuts
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, base and outer leaves trimmed, and halved
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3/4 cup roughly chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan
Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil and add the Brussels sprouts. Cook until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain.
In a large saucepan, melt 6 tablespoons of the butter over medium-high heat. Add the shallots and garlic, and cook for 1 minute. Add the sprouts in 1 layer and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Remove from the pan. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and when melted, add the walnuts and cook, stirring, until golden and fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add the lemon juice, salt, pepper, and sprouts, and stir well to coat and warm through.
Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle with the Parmesan. Serve immediately.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Pomegranates and Vanilla-Pecan Butter, Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Walnuts, Brussels Sprouts with Garlic and Bacon, Parmesan Cheese, Spanish Rice Recipes, Roasted Vegetable Recipes, Mashed Potato Recipes, Spinach Recipes, Mushroom Side Dish Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.