Brussels Sprouts with Walnuts
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, base and outer leaves trimmed, and halved
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3/4 cup roughly chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan
Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil and add the Brussels sprouts. Cook until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain.
In a large saucepan, melt 6 tablespoons of the butter over medium-high heat. Add the shallots and garlic, and cook for 1 minute. Add the sprouts in 1 layer and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Remove from the pan. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and when melted, add the walnuts and cook, stirring, until golden and fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add the lemon juice, salt, pepper, and sprouts, and stir well to coat and warm through.
Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle with the Parmesan. Serve immediately.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Brussels Sprouts with Garlic and Bacon, Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Pomegranates and Vanilla-Pecan Butter, Brown Butter Almond Brussels Sprouts, Roasted Beet Recipes, Spinach Recipes, Roasted Potato Recipes, American, Roasted Broccoli Recipes, Thanksgiving Stuffing and Dressing
Thank you! your flag was submitted.