Emeril's Lobster Cheesecake
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup melted unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow bell peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell peppers
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 3/4 pounds cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated smoked Gouda
- 1 pound (about 2 cups) cooked lobster meat, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 2 cups creme fraiche
- 2 hard boiled eggs, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup small diced red onions
- 7 ounces osetra caviar
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a mixing bowl, combine the Parmesan, bread crumbs, and butter, blend thoroughly. Press the mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
In a large saute pan, heat the olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the onions, and the peppers. Season with salt and pepper. Saute for 2 minutes, remove from the heat.
Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth. With the machine running, add the eggs, one at a time, until incorporated. Beat in the cream, Gouda, and Sauteed vegetables until fully incorporated, about 2 minutes. Fold in the lobster meat and the parsley. Pour the filling into the prepared crust and bake until firm, about 1 hour.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature. If you refrigerate the cake before serving, allow to come to room temperature before serving.
To serve, cut the cake into wedges with a warm knife. Serve each wedge with the creme fraiche, traditional garnishes, and caviar.
Grilled Spiny Lobster with a Warm Tomato Salad, Garlic Creamed New Potatoes and a Drizzle of White Truffle Oil
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse
Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee