- 2 cups shredded red cabbage (about 1/4 head)
- 1 red bell pepper, small dice (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium onion, small dice
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 Thai chili, quartered if fresh and left whole if dried
Mix the cabbage, bell pepper, onion, and radishes with the salt and place in a strainer set over a bowl. Refrigerate overnight.
Press out as much liquid as possible from the vegetables.
Combine the vinegar, honey, mustard, turmeric, horseradish, cloves, bay leaf and chili with 1/2 cup water in a large pot and boil for 5 minutes. Add the vegetable mixture, toss to coat and bring it back to a boil. Remove from the heat and let cool to room temperature. Transfer to a container and store in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
Recipe courtesy of Damaris Phillips
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen