Arctic Char Salad with Apples
- 1/2 pound baby red-skinned potatoes, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound skin-on Arctic char or wild salmon fillet
- 1 head escarole, chopped
- 1 romaine heart, chopped
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 green apple, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh dill and/or chives
Meanwhile, preheat a grill to medium high. Make the dressing: Combine 1/4 cup water, the cream cheese, lemon juice, horseradish, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper in a blender; puree until smooth.
Brush the skin side of the fish with the remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil. Transfer to the grill, skin-side down; cover and cook until just opaque, about 6 minutes. Carefully transfer the fish to a plate; discard the skin. Flake the fish into large pieces.
Toss the potatoes with the escarole, romaine, radishes, apple, herbs and dressing in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add the fish and lightly toss.
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Magazine
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay