Black-Eyed Pea Salad with Canadian Bacon
- Canola oil spray
- Three 1-ounce slices Canadian bacon
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large carrot, grated
- One 15-ounce can no-salt-added black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch watercress, trimmed and separated into sprigs
Spray a large nonstick skillet with canola oil spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add the bacon and cook until very lightly browned, about 3 minutes per side. Cool slightly and cut into thin strips.
Whisk together the vinegar, olive oil and salt and pepper to taste in a large bowl. Add the carrots, peas and scallions and toss. Add the watercress and toss again. Transfer to a large platter and top with the bacon.
Cook's Note: Bacon and black-eyed peas are a classic combination, but you could also use just about any bean you have on hand: navy beans, chickpeas or black beans would all be excellent.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Smoked Turkey And Black-Eyed Pea Salad, Black-Eyed Pea and Spinach Salad, Boston Bibb Salad with Roasted Acorn Squash, Georgia Pecans, Blue Cheese and Warm Bacon-Brown Sugar Vinaigrette, Heart Healthy Recipes, Healthy Snack Recipes, Easy Snack, Easy, High Fiber Recipes, Easy Mexican
Thank you! your flag was submitted.