Egg and Potato Sandwiches
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium russet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 large Italian frying pepper (Cubanelle), seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt
- 6 large eggs
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 4 seeded semolina rolls, split and toasted
- 4 slices sharp provolone cheese (optional)
Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the potato and cook, tossing, until browned and beginning to soften, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the sliced pepper and onion and season with salt. Cook, tossing occasionally, until the potato is cooked through and the pepper and onion are browned but not completely soft, 8 to 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, beat the eggs in a bowl and season with salt. Reduce the heat to low and give the pan a moment to cool. Pour in the eggs and cook, stirring constantly, until just set, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat.
Toss the arugula with the remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil and the vinegar in a bowl. Season with salt. Fill each roll with the scrambled eggs, cheese, if desired, and the arugula.
Per serving: Calories 437; Fat 18 g (Saturated 4 g); Cholesterol 323 mg; Sodium 541 mg; Carbohydrate 52 g; Fiber 2 g; Protein 18 g
Thank you! your flag was submitted.